Multi-purpose updates, questions

Whatever you'd like it to be.

Multi-purpose updates, questions

Postby Sabagallu » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:50 am

So...after having some of my pc equipment, erm, removed by someone, finally my Windows 7 has arrived. I probably need to get my WotLK disc back, so over the next few days I'll be setting up a new system & new headset for Vent.

My somewhat redundant alt hit 80, I'd like to run some heroics on it. I know we're limited on main tanks but are there some alt/offspec ones running stuff? Since it's dps, I'm not sure whether to switch over to heals, or dual-spec, which is kinda pricey. Saba's healing set is fairly well upgraded, but it seems that to get more heroics for the alt, this might need to be considered. Also during this time, I rolled a Death Knight, which I guess I'd like to bring into the guild, although I'm not sure how much time I might spend leveling it. That's probably going to be it for me for alts, seems like already more than I can reasonably handle, but it might be more fun having them available since all Saba really "needs" is the progression raids and therefor any other content is pretty much trivialized.
Sabagallu

Re: Multi-purpose updates, questions

Postby God King » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 pm

If I'm on and available, I'll probably be up for some heroics maybe. Other things as well, if I'm not saved.
Rawr.
God King
Site Mod

Postby Sabagallu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:04 am

Good deal...I kinda muffed it on the healing the other night cause I hadn't done it in so long, I forgot that resto doesn't use cure poison but has a totally different cure all spell. Of course, that's why practice is good, for any time I need to heal something on Saba or if I do wind up dual-speccing the alt, it will generally help to know what the freakin spells are.
Sabagallu

Postby Sabagallu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:57 am

Small tip here for going to Windows 7...if you were to upgrade a Vista system, which might not be bad if it's not strewn with clutter, there is literally an upgrade option which would leave your proggies & files intact. *However*...if you have a newer ATI video product that has its own install shield...you cannot actually uninstall that thing and it will mess with the upgrade. Which forces you to do a clean install. And yes, by the time I finished mine and got WoW up again...poof go a couple battlegroups.

I shucked out the bucks to get resto on my alt...try not to laugh if I heal with some +hit stuff on, as I don't yet have any other gear to switch. I'd like to delve into some heroics from time to time, dps or heals, might suck at the harder ones for a while but if someone is running on their main, that might not matter. Whatever's clever!
Sabagallu

Postby Sabagallu » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Hrm well...I can't really post this in attendance since it's nothing definite, but I am trying to wind my way through a web of things right now. Firstly at my job I'm going to have to stay there another hour in the evenings, which will leave me getting home only a few minutes before 5.30 raids, it's not a total obstacle but it's there. Secondly my g/f started a new job on basically a random schedule and I may be needed to transport her some nights, unknown to me right now what the possible conflicts will be. Just seems like there could be something on the horizon when additional spires of ICC open up and it will take longer times/multiple nights. I'm basically letting her use the new system I mentioned above since I'm nice. However if she pursues other guilds I really don't want the game getting in the way of the relationship so I might be online very little outside of raiding. Just not real enthused about being on constant overtime, having to deal with her schedule and then ignore each other with the time we have left. I'll figure it out as best as I can...
Sabagallu

Return to General Discussion