The ASMR Megathread

Whatever you'd like it to be.

The ASMR Megathread

Postby Clow » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Welcome to the ASMR Megathread which may or may not devolve into "Hey look at this cool new video Ephemeral Rift posted guise."

What is ASMR? It's an initialism for the Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. Tl;dr, it's the tingly feeling down you back, arms, and head that you get when you hear certain relaxing sounds. Wiki link here. I don't get the response, personally, but I'm obsessed with the art because the sounds are just so relaxing and people have gotten so creative with the medium. There might be less than a couple weeks worth of days I've gone to sleep without listening to something in this vein in the past year.

TL;DR: RELAX MOTHERFUCKERS.

So to begin, I think I'll just list out some of my favorite AMSR Artists with brief descriptions of their styles or personalities and then link to some of their more notable videos. Let'sa go!

Phoenician Sailor:
Phoenician Sailor is a less-known ASMR Artist, but stand among giants in the work he puts into videos, and his creativity. He does everything from shady cosmetic surgeons operating on you while you're half-asleep to an ASMR video dedicated to Carl Sagan's Cosmos. There's a lot of neat stuff on his channel. I'll gladly link you to the two videos I've mentioned! The former being the one I found him by.
☼ ══╣♥♥ The ULTIMATE ASMR MAKEOVER!!! ♥♥╠══ ☼
Cosmos ASMR, Episode I: Flatland

MassageASMR:
An artsy-fartsy masseuse from Australia decides to do ASMR, and is pretty good at it. He's more tame. Normal videos which focus on the sounds he created than the other types of content that some people provide. However, he's pretty good at making those sounds. He does do some roleplay, however, most popularly as a doctor named Dmitri, which many fans chose to call him. Some good examples of his videos are listed below. There's a lot of content to pick through, though. Lots of experimental stuff, too.
ASMR Trigger Therapy 4.? Ear to Ear Whispering, Inaudible & Brushing Sounds
ASMR Dr Dmitri Role Play for Tired & Sore Eyes
ASMR 2 Minute Tingle 6 Aggressive Speed Tapping and Hand Friction

Heather Feather:
Heather Feather is a nerdy chick who decided she was good at ASMR, and everyone else agreed. She's really into roleplaying and coming up with cheesy scenarios, and she does a pretty good job of it. She's also the origin of the whole "SK sound" thing, which out lot of people have picked up on. Just google it.
ASMR Binaural Doctor Examination Role Play: You Need A Check Up! (For Tingles, Relaxation, & Sleep)
Educational ASMR: Binaural Ear to Ear Weird But True Facts. A Sound Slice For Science. You Monster.
ASMR It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Here Take This: A Binaural Role Play for Relaxation

thatASMRchick:
Another pretty simple one. A nerdy chick who likes making relaxing noises into a microphone. She doesn't like to roleplay, but she's done a couple and they're pretty cute. Has really unique mouth sounds which you'll either love or hate.
[ASMR] Binaural Gently Touching Mic + Inaudible/Unintelligible Countdown (No Scratching)
[ASMR] Binaural Ear to Ear Pure Mouth Sounds + Lip Smacking
[ASMR] Soft-Spoken Reading of "The Dicshitnary" [Part 1]
[ASMR] Soft-Spoken Reading of "The Dicshitnary" [Part 2]

Urara1966 ASMR:
I'm gonna be honest with this one, this guy is just a geeky middle-aged dad from Japan who found a hobby. He's pretty good at it, though. Has some of the best rain sounds videos out there. He occasionally does gift exchanges with the last guy on our lineup, who's really the heaviest hitter here (in my book) so that's a cute little thing. It fits too, they're both kinda adorable geek types. He also has a unique line he puts in most of his video where he'll whisper and repeat "Yes, you are good. Yes, we are good." Whenever he adds it to a comment he adds a :) to the end. I swear to God I can hear the emoticon when he says it out loud.
ASMR ゾクゾク雨音 9 Tingle Rainy Sound 9 瞑想、リラクゼーション、学習用
ASMR 癒し系 眠くなる音 44 Binaural Sleepy sound 44
音フェチ ASMR 耳かき 癒し系 長時間 リクエスト Many requests Earpick for a long time

And last but not least, the titan:
Ephemeral Rift:
What can we say about Uncle E? There's a lot. He's one of the most creative roleplayers out there. He has a long list of characters and stories which actually exhibit continuity. It is very thoroughly his own world. And even if that isn't your thing, he has a handful of Let's Plays and nature sound videos. But man, his characters, his humor, and his creativity put him in a league of this own. Also, he has his own expansive Wiki. He's also a fan of Lovecraft, and it's everywhere in his story videos. I'll just link some of the more important ones to get you started.
The Candy Man 1 - Dystopian / Post-Apocalyptic ASMR performance
Manley ASMR - ASMR for Men
Tin Foil Hat Society - The Package and the Transmission [ ASMR ]
Professor Clemmons - Patient 42 [ Binaural ASMR Lynchian / Lovecraftian Fanfic ]
My First ASMR Video by Deep One Dave [ Binaural ASMR ]
Binaural ASMR Pienapple Relaxation
Wow, there are simply way too many. And the size of the world may be intimidating, but don't let that hold you back. It's fantastic.

Honorable mentions:
ASMRrequests' Departure series, a sci-fi series about a "Space Travel Agent" booking people's vacations to other worlds.
Departure Ep. 1: Departure (or "Space Travel Agent") - ASMR Sci-Fi Series
Departure Ep. 2: Frontiers - ASMR Sci-Fi Series

ASMR Chess' ASMR chess tutorials:
ASMR: The Fundamental Chess Tactics for Beginners

And if I think of anyone else I'll throw 'em up.

Spoiler: show
Original text:
creativetitle/10

Shit, just want a place to post really good/creative ASMR videos, or just talk about talented "AMSRtists." And don't worry, I hate that term as much as you do.

But yeah.

Have an image of Uncle E until I feel like actually filling and formatting this thread.

Also, should this be in Media? It probably doesn't matter.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Re: The AMSR Thread

Postby Forb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:16 am

I think Media is more for personal creations.

Maybe you could call them "AMSR Artists" ? Anyway, I never did get one of these videos, but I have experienced the sensation. Hopefully you can get me with one of them.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Re: The ASMR Thread

Postby Clow » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:19 am

I mean, I've never once experienced it. I watch them because they're relaxing, and a handful of people have taken it up as a surprisingly effective creative outlet.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Re: The ASMR Thread

Postby Clow » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:17 am

First post is up and formatted! Especially with Ephemeral Rift, hit me up if you want to know more about anyone.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Re: The ASMR Megathread

Postby Clow » Sun May 24, 2015 11:19 pm

A couple of really fucking weird but really cool videos Uncle E did recently, thought I'd throw them out there because they're kinda fucking cool.

Also,

A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion