Alright, Hunter, damn it.

Whatever you'd like it to be.

Alright, Hunter, damn it.

Postby bandi138138 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:26 am

You lured me in here. What do I do? lol
bandi138138

Re: Alright, Hunter, damn it.

Postby Phauss » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:28 am

Lurk for a bit, and ask Clow to throw Anime at you. I'll tell him to be gentle, haha.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby bandi138138 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:31 am

I don't know. I've become skeptical with new anime. Nothing goods been up, and I've resorted to watching old animes from when I was 10.
Not that their bad. It's an incredible trip down memory lane.
But they tend to be a little cheesy back then.
bandi138138

Postby Phauss » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 am

Clow will point you in the right direction. Check back here tomorrow and he'll definitely have a response for you. He's got your flavor.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby bandi138138 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:40 am

It's a shame people don't upload Korean ManHwa in the US.
I got a whole arsenal of those that I've been massively enjoying lately...
bandi138138

Postby Forb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

I always enjoy a good "Damnit, Hunter" thread.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Clow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 pm

I can't really suggest anything to anyone without knowing their tastes first. Everyone has their own preferences, pet peeves, biases, and so on so forth. It's something that someone like me (who likes everything, EX I watch and enjoy at least five shows a season guaranteed) has to put up with all the time. There are few people I can talk to anime as a whole about.

But enough about me.

Give me a list of some of your favorite titles and I can suggest similar shows for you. Like what sort of shows did you watch when you were little? Are we talking the average Toonami kid? Or were you already into things other than what was on TV? And if so then which shows/what kind of shows? Or if you wanted to throw genres you're into at me that's fine. You could say "I love Fushigi Yuugi!" or you could say "I love bishounen, fantasy, and romance!" Either is fine for me.

I can go on and on about some of my favorite shows but in my experience that's a bad idea (if uneducated).
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Everyone should be as into slice of life and school romance as me.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby bandi138138 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Well, I'll just list a list of anime I've found memorable and rate them out of 5 stars. I'll underline the ones I've especially enjoyed.
Slayers I HAD to start off with that, as I am obsessed with the philosophy, mythology, and style of Slayers. Slayers NEXT was my favorite season. This is the only anime I still regularly rewatch from when I first watched it when I was 11. I'm suprised I enjoyed it back then, as it gets pretty dark and mature. (*****)
Detective Conan Although I enjoy the manga IMMENSELY (Probably my favorite manga), I never watch the anime. Partially, cuz I can't bare to watch the bad artwork of the anime. For some reason, the movies are good, but not the anime.... (*****)
Maho Sensei Negima Phauss, if you havn't continued to follow this manga, you should. It went from generic Akamatsu manga harem to a really well written fantasy genre, that's really exciting. However, another great manga turned into a bad anime... Love the artwork in the manga as well. (*****)
School Rumble Recently gotten into this one. Love the randomness. But it's also got a pretty concrete story line. Probably my favorite school-Romance genre anime (Sorry, Phauss. I know you liked Strawberry 100%). I enjoyed the anime more than the manga though. Good humor, good romance, good artwork. (*****)
Chrno Crusade This one, the anime branched off into a complete different direction than the manga, but I enjoyed both plots. I have to say, I hated both endings since they both tore my heart apart. I hate endings like that. (*****)
Ouran Highschool Host Club How could I forget this one?! LOL OMG. Good stuff. Possibly the only anime with slight gay undertones that I didn't frowned upon. Probably because the inside joke was that they weren't gay at all. I'll say no more, since it may be a spoiler for those who havn't watched it. (*****)
Black Cat Another anime gone different from it's manga origins, but both good. I especially like the artwork of the anime. But the manga story line was a little less cheesy. (**** )
D.Greyman Really enjoyed the Manga, but didn't watch the anime. (**** )
Ranma 1/2 OMG LOL THE FRIGGIN MEMORIES WITH THIS ONE!!! I watched/read this as a kid. Enjoyed the Manga and anime, especially the OVAs. (**** )
Ai Yori Aoi Phaus got me into this one. I really liked the manga. I don't remember much about the anime, though.... I know I watched it, cuz I made a Music Video out of it, but.... Any way (**** )
Strawberry 100% Probably the only romance anime that had the main protagonist end up with the pairing I was rooting!!! I want to rant more about this, but once again, spoiler.... For another forum, perhaps. (**** )
Nadesco(I believe that's how you spell it...) I really liked the anime in the beginning, but I really didn't like how the plot line got tangled in the middle. It seems the author wanted it to be a grand conplex plot, but did it poorly. (*** )
Battle Athletes Victory One of the few animes I looked up out of nostalgia, to find that I still like it. Yes, it has its cheesy moments, but I still enjoy it immensely. I think it was the anime that got me into Yuri. (**** )

Now for the cheesy nostalgias... Most of these I had to google the Japanese/ english titles, as I watched them as a child in Korea under different titles.

Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger Super cheesy childrens anime. Typical Animal Characters fighting for justice in wonderland... I had to search and rewatch it recently, lol. Once again, the sheer memories bring smiles to me. (*** )
Mado king Grandzort FUCK YEAH!! OMG!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!! (Hyper moment) My first anime. AND IT BLEW MY MIND!!!! I need to look this up again. It's a fantasy-mech-childrens genre. SOOOOOOooooooooo good. (*****)
NG Knight Lamune & 40 THE BEGINNING OF THE LAMUNE SERIES. Another hyper moment that I'm not gonna bother typing as you'd probably get the idea from Grandzort. Another Fantasy-Mech cross. (*****)

The top three anime, and Slayers were what really filled me up as a child with imagination and fantasy. I guess, I love fantasy so much, since they all had elements of fantasy and magic, and I was most strongly influenced by slayers.

There's bound to be more, but I just can't remember, cuz it's been so long since I watched anime! I've been so into Korean Dramas for the past 3 years, I havn't watched anime T_T. That, and I find that it's extremely good anime like the old days...

I'll probably rant more as I remember, but I guess I should use the anime forum from now on.
bandi138138

Postby Phauss » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 am

Whoa, whoa, I liked Strawberry 100%, but I was an uneducated man back then.

And if we're talking about anime with awesome pairings, I think Shuffle is worth mentioning. I digress. Bandi, make a thread in the animuuuuu section. Let's start it off with the post you just made and go from there.

This thread needs to continue on as the "Damnit, Hunter" thread, which tends to happen more often than not.

Phauss
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion