It's been a long, fun (mostly) ride. (T^T)

Whatever you'd like it to be.

It's been a long, fun (mostly) ride. (T^T)

Postby Clow » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:57 am

Alright, guys, this is me letting loose so might have a little cussing. If you don't think you want to read it you don't have to.

And to get any animosity out of the way: if you think that caring about this game and the people you play with is stupid or anything similar you can bite my dick. You don't have to read this post if you don't care. Fuckers.

Now that that's out of the way... (>´_ゝ`)>

Now this is going to be my last thread post on these forums so I'm going to try and make it hot. I'm not trying to fill myself full of importance but the forums are already dead and the guild will fall under given upcoming events, I would assume.

Oh, and expect me to go on random tangents. I'll do that when talking about this kind of crap.

So... long story short... I'm leaving the guild soon. Now if you're one of several people that have known me for awhile you know how much our tag and its people mean to me. This thread is to point out our mistakes, vent my frustrations, and explain why I've made this decision.

Oh, also, if you haven't noticed yet, Hunter (Phauss) left. This has helped with my resolve.

This guild started small. Friends. Karazhan. Later on ZA. When Wrath hit we had a little member boom and tasted 25s. At this point I was already beginning to become a good player. I admit I want success. More than playing with friends? No. But I still want it. What I have been (as well as several other players in the guild) is simply a top-notch player holding themselves back by letting people who didn't deserve it or couldn't learn well enough to experience current content. To be blunt, I've been carrying people since this expansion came out. You should know if you were ever one of those people (even if you aren't right now). I shouldn't start out sounding like a selfish dick because there's way too much more to it, but I'm tired of carrying people. I want to raid. I deserve more than what I have. I deserve more than what the rest of the guild gives me. I deserve more than putting 110% into helping people that don't care enough to put in even 50%.

If we didn't try to be the best while carrying the worst it wouldn't be as bad. Wipes aren't fun.

I also can't lead. My attention is too divided and I am far too empathetic to make any important decisions that might hurt anyone. My soul is not made for leading in an environment that is any degree of harsh. I honestly just can't.

Another thing. With Brian (Forb) and Hunter (Phauss) gone I've lost a good portion of the friendship that ties me to the guild. Although a great number of friends are still in it, these two leaving weigh too much on me. On that note - They're gone. Ian (Meanmuggin) and Sarah (Syna) are MIA. Pat (Ferku), no offense intended, hasn't done much of anything. I've been the only fucker that has cared or done anything in the last however-the-fuck-long. I can't make two tens happen most of the time. I get stressed about the people that didn't get full clears (or groups at all). I don't need this shit. Another thing I would enjoy about leaving is not being anyone important. For the first time since seriously raiding I can just... raid and socialize. The prospect is too attractive to me.

And on that note I'd like to deeply, deeply apologize to anyone that didn't at least get a Saurfang kill any week. I know that I've never put 100% into making it happen.

Oh!

And if you're still reading this and you didn't care in the first place I'd like to remind you to bite my dick.

Moving on...

On the note of apologies - I'd like to extend one to players like Mohka, Myst and Itchy. Great players. Newer to the guild. I'm sure all this looks like to you is some too-emotional-about-WoW person getting fed up and /ragequitting. Also, unless someone does something magic I can't see the guild holding on without me. So I'm making you homeless. I know I wouldn't be someone to be liked and I can only ask for as much understanding as you can give.

And on that note again - Lim and Katie (Blooddusk). I love you guys. You're great friends and I would love nothing more than to keep playing with you. Since I'm going to be in Warpath after this I can ask to make 10 mans with Warpath's help and get you in on them. I don't know what you would so if Relapse died, though.

And as for Adam (Nachthymnen), Clayton (Lonomahin), and Cody (Kinruush)... What are you guys going to do? I want to know. I need to know.

Oh... and I'm posting this is the public forum. Even without an account you can read this. So if anyone wants to come read this they don't even have to register.

That thing about biting my dick again.

And I know all of this sounds like I'm being selfish but I really want all of you to know how much I've cared and for how long. That and there's much more than me just wanting bigger things behind my leaving.

So in a torrent of empathy (and apathy), action (and inaction), and stress I have made this decision.

I ask of you all... if the guild does die after I leave... what will you do? Whether or not you believe me I do care.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Re: It's been a long, fun (mostly) ride. (T^T)

Postby Nachthymnen » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 am

Stefon,

You've done very, very well being the only real leader of the guild this past month. I understand the stresses 100%; my situation was nowhere near where yours is and I still had to step down from the Officer rank. No, not every group has been perfect, but I would say that is far from your fault. Your decision to leave is understandable. Hell, I myself was planning on leaving tomorrow.

As for what I'm going to do... I don't know. I may see about F&Fing in Warpath assuming the Paradox thing doesn't work out (which at this point it doesn't look like it will). I want to continue playing with you, Clayton, and Cody. Without my real life friends, I'd have no real desire to play the game. At the same time, I still want to be a successful raider, but at this point, I don't think it is possible for the four of us to stay together and that still happen. I may transfer Nacht off the server to a higher ranked guild and leave Utfaerd, Vaninn, and Lykathea here to play with you guys.
hi
Nachthymnen
Site Mod

Postby Cavis » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 am

take care stefon :) always enjoyed playing with you.
Cavis

Postby Myst » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Stephon,

I commend you for making a post about your frustrations and intentions.

Over the last several weeks we've watched several key players either take a leave of absence and not return or gquit altogether for another guild. During this time, nothing has been said in guild or on the forums, leaving me (and I'm sure a few others) wondering what the heck is going on. Are we on a sinking ship or what? Dave and I have been hopeful that things will get themselves worked out and because of that have refrained from looking elsewhere. We aren't the type of people who hop guilds looking for the bigger and better. We like to be settled and get to know people.

We have had a great time here, up until the holidays when things slowed down. We've enjoyed getting to know some of you and I've personally laughed my ass off listening to some of you in vent. I will miss all of this and all of you. Where will we go? I don't know. Dave's work hours make it difficult for us to raid before 5.30 pm server or after 9 pm server, except on weekends. There just aren't many guilds here with those hours and who also allow are multitudes of alts.

This saddens me, to say the least. I wish you well Stephon and thank you most graciously for your kind words in your post.

/hugs
Myst

Postby Ferku » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't know what I'm going to do, lots of things are in flux for me personally. I effectively ran this guild for the better part of a year while Will was mostly absentee. As you all know when my son Brian left, I lost all my motivation for the guild since he was the reason I played anyway. Since I came back to the states, my playing time has been reduced and I've had a lot of real life things affecting when and how much I can even get online. I made clear when we disbanded AA that I was not interested in leading the guild anymore and especially in the last month or so since the latest round of drama, I have been preoccupied with my real life things and have not had a lot of time to do much of anything in the guild except for show up at raid times when I can.

We have talked for a while about moving to a better server and there has been some effort in that direction and I am still convinced it is the only way to really get anywhere in this game. I don't know how seriously any of you have ever played any other servers, but if you do it at all you quickly realize just how badly this server sucks.

As for me, I am going to be very sporadic in my play time for the next week or two at least as we are moving our family together again out West and it will take some time to even get internet hookups and that in place. Its a great thing for me personally since I can finally see my wife and kids on a daily basis again and not just when they visit. I think for a while I may get a lot more enjoyment out of these things than WoW so I'm not entirely sure how it is all going to play out. But I'll let you know when I know.

When I do get resettled again though, I'm likely going to try to get on a West Coast raid schedule with Brian somewhere - almost certainly on a new server. I may keep one or more of my characters on this server for a while, but I'm not really sure right now. As I said though, with all my real life stuff going on right now, what I do in WoW is not getting a lot of brain cycles.
Ferku

Postby Syna » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:26 pm

I was going to make a separate post but I might as well just continue with this one.

I haven't really been MIA, I made a post informing everyone that I wasn't going to be raiding for about a month and the few times I've logged on no one has said anything to me except for Myst when I logged on last night.

My post was basically going to say that I canceled my account last night. I started playing WoW for Brian and without him the game just isn't the same for me anymore and there are plenty of other things I could and will be doing to better optimize my time.

Stefon, Adam, Cody, Clayton:
I had a great time raiding with you and the road trip to Alabama was probably the most fun I had had in my life. I'm grateful for meeting you guys and I'd like to keep in touch through facebook or whatever, despite what has happened I still consider you guys my friends. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and thanks for everything.

Pat:
I'm happy to hear about your family and it will be good for Brian to be able to move and start over. It was nice meeting you over the internet and thanks for everything as well. Good luck with the moving, server transfer and everything.

Myst/Itchy:
I'm sorry that you joined the guild when you did, while everything was a mess. It was great meeting you guys and good luck finding a new guild and whatever else you guys decide to do.

Basically, I just wanted to thank you guys for these past years of raiding and I'm grateful for the friendships I've made and the people I've met.
I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.
Syna

Postby Lonomahin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:lolwut

Now that that's out of the way. My assessment of the guild: when I came back around early December it was a sinking ship. Phauss leaving, in my opinion, pretty much seals it. First off Brian leaves, not blaming anyone here for anything in that situation, which was a big hit to the guild. Ian and Sarah both take a LoA not long after. This effectively made us lose 3 of our core members. Gradually after that Pat becomes less and less active to the point of now he logs on, does a random dungeon on his toons and logs off. Long story short the only leadership person left is(was) Stefon.

To the newer people to the guild I'm sorry you had to put up with this.

As for what I intend to do, I'm not really sure yet. Biggest factor will be the net at school. Been thinking of at least offering to help Phauss try to rebuild Cadre. Also considering trying to get into some of the more casual guilds which I have some friends in.

I was not trying to offend anyone with anything I've said here, but if you choose to be offended by it I don't care and hope you die in a fire.
“When we traveled subspace, the cosmic destroyers took note.

When we conquered and colonized in galaxies where we had no place the destruction and the anguish and the loss were the clarion call of our doom. And so the destroyers came for us .”
Lonomahin
Site Mod

Postby Lim » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:28 pm

I'll do what I've been doing for the past three years; I'll stay in the guild until the full state of ship-jumping has been raised and will then scrounge around feeling like an asshat until I find something that I can live with.

I... I wish I could say that I didn't see this coming, and that my shock is the cause for my absence of choices.

Losing cohesion...

=/

Such a pity too. I'm not sure whats going to happen with me and WoW at the end of the year, and I wouldn't've minded for this guild to be the one I'd go out on...
And if tradition servers I'll have to go through two awful guilds before I find a decent one again.

I should probably also mention that this has, pretty easily, been the best guild I've had so far, both in the relationships with the people and the level of progression... And... Seeing as how late I got into it, probably doesn't reflect too highly on my experiences.
Stay one step ahead in terms of logic

Lim

Postby zombiehealin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 am

Wow that sucks the big one to be sure...I enjoyed playing with alot of the people in the guild and sad to see people go. I guess I have to decide what I want to do. I have alot of crap going on IRL and not sure how much time I can actually dedicate to WoW anymore but if I do decide to stick around I would like to be able to play with people I know, else whats the point right?
zombiehealin

Postby Forb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 am

If it weren't for this post, I wouldn't have looked at these forums again. (As hard it is for me to not be a forum whore, I have to keep myself away.)

If it weren't for what Lim said (specifically him using the word relationships, I lol'd), I wouldn't have even logged in, or made this post.

If anyone wants to stay in contact with me, and/or play with me, you all can find me in game and we can make sure that we don't lose touch. I've got Facebook too, so that helps. But there are a lot of people from this guild that honestly make me feel like a great person when I'm playing with them or hanging out on vent with them or whatever.

So, I feel really out of place for posting here, especially since it seems everyone is making a post... But I have a lot of friends here, and I really value you guys.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Next

Return to General Discussion