Vintage Modpack Thread

Vintage Modpack Thread

Postby Phauss » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 am

Let no one tell you that I don't keep absolutely everything archived somewhere. I have every version of all the modpacks, even the duds.

That being said, I decided to create separate modpacks for the final versions of the old servers. (The server worlds also exist in the archives.) The available modpacks below will be available for use as they're listed. When I list the associated world, I will also include the server config files in a separate link. Just drag the config folder into the modpack files to overwrite the default configs. (This probably won't be necessary if you just want to do some sightseeing.)

Older modpacks will not work with Java 8! Must use Java 7! You can have both JRE7 and JRE8 installed at the same time.

I'll update this thread when I get v1 up and running. Also, these might end up as servers again, who knows.

Disclaimer: No updates are planned for these older versions.

Tekkit Lite 0.6.5
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4 (Java 7 required)
Initial Run Date: 09Sep2013
Final Run Date: 04Sep2014
Link to Server World (805MB)
Link to Configs

Modpack Version 2
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4 (Java 7 required)
Initial Version: 2.0.2 (28Oct2014)
Final Version: 2.1.0 (26Dec2014)
Final Run Date: 16Jan2015
Link to Server World (462MB) (Edit: Need to fix dangerous error with rail system before uploading)
Link to Configs
Mods:
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Modpack Thread

Postby Phauss » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 am

I went poking around the old v2 server world for nostalgia's sake and decided to take a few screenshots.

Believe it or not, the trains are still doing their thing. Good thing, too, because apparently we wanted at least one or two thousand blocks of free space around us.

I couldn't tell you how this all works anymore. I'm just glad it does.

This looks suspiciously like Clow's doing, though I remember him building at the end of the green line (and never got the chance to complete.)

Again, just happy that it works.

Oh look, it's Col_Kluts' place.

And home sweet home. It's interesting to go back to one of your old places and wonder what the hell you were thinking. That mine is still a work of art, though.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 am

Guess who found a pre-modpack world? That's right, the old Tekkit Lite server world still exists. It works with the current (and since unchanged) Tekkit Lite version (0.6.5), and probably also requires a downgrade to Java 7, like v2 of the SH modpack. I think the last time this was live was September 2014, but I'd have to check the server logs to be sure.

Anyways, who remembers those giant ocean silos?

Or how about Missile's box cathedral?

Or that fucking cocoa bean farm?

Can you believe this shit is still going?

How about that lava world I made specifically to power my whole operation? In retrospect, I should've rigged a bunch of solar cells to lava generators, but I remember specifically trying to stay away from solar.

My whole operation was dead when I first logged in. Enter the "wtf was I thinking" moment. Took some time to figure it out and get all my systems powered up again.

Despite how complicated it was, Mystcraft sure came in handy. I think either Missile or Clow made this world just for porting around to different places. (Dat power glove, doe.)

Missile's place pre-cathedral

Clow's place 2.0 (since Missile mined everything out from under his first place.)

Forb's place. Some things never change, haha

Col_Kluts' place

And home sweet home. Another wtf moment: I made it a giant pain in the ass to get in and out of the underground part. The stairs got waaaay too convoluted.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 am

If you can, get some pictures inside of my place.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Phauss » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:20 am

I'll see if I can. It takes a long time to upload pictures at 128kbps. (That's also the reason why I haven't uploaded the v1 modpack to the launcher yet. I really want to see Clow's blue house and Missile's dildo towers.)

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Ah, the old mage tower. I miss her.

Phauss wrote:Clow's place 2.0 (since Missile mined everything out from under his first place.)

Ah, good times. My first place wasn't going anywhere anyway. Good memories, though. Biofuel and that giant shed on the side I built for my bone meal farming machine. Going wayyyy out into the ocean to quarry. Whoo. And man, I used to architecture good. Now I just build shit underground.

Also,

Phauss wrote:Another wtf moment: I made it a giant pain in the ass to get in and out of the underground part. The stairs got waaaay too convoluted.

Yes. Yes they did.

[Edit] Also, I like the two lava-tank dildos sticking out of Missile's first place.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft