Minecraft general discussion

Minecraft general discussion

Postby Clow » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Just talk about stuff here.

I got a metric shit-ton done today. Built a powersuit and then slammed my face into my desk when I remembered that you need Ender Pearls to make their armor not suck. Got most of the important machinery running, even though only one of each. Got a small reactor filled with cryotheum up and running and filled a couple of redstone energy cells, which should last me a while. All of that was basically from starting from scratch, so it's a lot, lot, lot more work than it sounds.

Big project for the next few days is finally forcing myself to figure out the new AE computer systems. I also need to start farming Jacaranda wood again, finally, so an underground tree farm is probably in order. Lastly, I'd also like to set up a little courtyard-type zone up top, both for aesthetics and as an excuse to plant some persimmons. I'm almost out of food.

Oh, and also, Ender IO conduits are the shit. Really cheap and their facades are awesome.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft general discussion

Postby Forb » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:42 pm

I wish I had a little bit of a clue what most of that meant.

I need to learn so much about the mods.
"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think it's fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Clow » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:19 am

I can always help. More than willing to teach, a lot of these mods are huuuuge leaps in what you can do. The basic stuff is pretty simple anyway, mostly just looking up the recipes. But I can explain you a pretty long way.

There are also always YouTube tutorials. The ones I'd look into to begin with are Tinker's Construct (overpowered tools and weapons, should always be one of the first things you dive into, hammers are overpowered for mining), Thermal Expansion (machinery to help you process and create materials), Ender IO (power lines to move your juice around, and a bunch of other stuff), Extra Utilities (cheap and easy generators to generate power early on, and a bunch of other stuff), and maybe Big Reactors once you collect a lot of materials or start having real power needs.

The power suits from Modular PowerSuits are great once you have access to Ender Pearls, too.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Besides starting to mine downward and collect resources, what should I do to prepare for making these things?

I like the spot where my base it but it is very simple so I want to start planning it out.
"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think it's fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Clow » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Definitely start with Tinker's Construct. You'll need a few stacks of sand, gravel, and clay. Look up grout, make it, smelt it, and the use the resulting seared bricks to make a smeltery. Just look that part up. After that look up the Tinker's books by just typing "tinker" in the recipe search and then make the first three. They should tell you most of the rest. As far as parts and casts go, you can look that up too or I can tell you later. It's a lot to type out.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:31 pm

+1 for Tinker's Construct. You make the smeltery, which is a multi-block structure, put some lava in it, then throw some ore in there. It's the cheapest way to double the amount of metal bars you mine, and you don't even need a power source. Also, once you understand how making tools works (making the parts, understanding what affect different materials have, etc.), you'll never go back to regular tools. Check out tutorials by the Mindcrafters:

Clow wrote:Big project for the next few days is finally forcing myself to figure out the new AE computer systems.
AE2 systems aren't too bad when you're starting out. A simple system of 8 or less devices doesn't even require a controller. I have a crafting terminal, two hard drive racks, and a few input/output devices. I really want to expand, and there are easy ways to make different networks talk to each other with P2P routers. In theory, your main network could be a crafting terminal and 7 routers connected to 7 other small networks with other devices like storage, which then connect to other small networks, and you'd never use a controller. I think the theoretical limit is 64 device channels without a controller. Mindcrafters did a really good youtube spot on it. Definitely check that out.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:31 pm

I harvested the meteor at -444, 624.

[Edit] Also picked off the one at 30, -863. Still need one press. thisisdumbkillme

[Edit again] YOU CAN CRAFT THEM AKSLJD L:JADHGFKLJDhgfkljDHGFkjHAEkjlf HAKFj HADF
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Allow me to direct you to this post.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 pm

I think that the only way to quell my rage is to give me permission to grab a stack of ender pearls out of your system.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Hunter just a heads up I'm a lazy cunt so I'm borrowing your Pink Slime net just to let one of my spawners run with em for a day or two. I know you probably won't even be on Minecraft to notice until you get back but I just wanted to let you know.

Got my big turbine setup done, so all I need to do is craft a couple of 64k drives and set up some auto-processing and I'll be ready to fire up some lasers.

[Edit] I got the 72 I needed really fast so I gave it back.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Next

Return to Minecraft