Nether

Nether

Postby God King » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:28 am

So, I discovered that nether portals do not work in my world, and reading about the multiverse mod implies that's to be expected unless it's specifically enabled somehow. Is there any way to enable it from my end, or is that a thing only you can do, Hunter? I remember there being a nether in the original world, though I'm not going back to check to see if it still works.

Just curious how that all is going. I'm trying to build using only what I can mine myself, so I'm trying to discern whether I'm going to have to just create the nether-based materials myself. Also, totes going to visit other worlds once I get some stuff sorted out in mine.
Rawr.
God King
Site Mod

Re: Nether

Postby Phauss » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 am

Stef told me about not being able to go into Nether portals for some reason. I believe they may be handled as seperate worlds or I just need to enable permissions for nether portals specifically. I'll do some testing later on today to see what's up.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

I could go to the Nether from our original world, but I didn't have permission to do anything. I.e. couldn't build/destroy, etc. Wtb glowstone. plzkthx.

I'll dig for Obsidian and try a portal in my world sometime today, probably, and post back results.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Everything works! It was a permissions issue and it's all taken care of. If you make a nether portal in your world, it may link to the existing nether instead of creating a nether specific to your world. If a specific one is created, let me know so I can do something to give you admin rights to your nether.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft