Server Mod

Server Mod

Postby Phauss » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I've been thinking about getting a minimap mod for myself, but it seems that the guy who made the mod I'm interested in also has a server wrapper mod that allows different things server side, including weather control, god-mode, more server commands, and other things.

Here's the server wrapper, let me know what you guys think:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/149 ... neris-166/

The minimap mod, along with other interesting things, can be found here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/915 ... uiapi-166/
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Re: Server Mod

Postby Phauss » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 pm

I will probably download a Bukkit server and replace the vanilla Minecraft server, which would greatly expand on server capabilities. I'm thinking specifically of things like a multi-world server using portals to get from world to world. I will keep the original world, of course, but I wouldn't mind having a world whitelisted to certain users.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:11 am

Portals and multiple worlds are working. I made a couple portals and imported a few worlds and it's all set up. Tomorrow I'll make a room that users spawn into to get to and from different worlds.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:51 am

A new mod has been added. Besides its other uses of setting spawn points for user groups (guests, admins, membes, etc.) it also provides the capability of setting a home point.

Type /sethome to place the home point, and /home to teleport to it. When a player dies, they will spawn at their home point. Typing /spawn will take a player to the global spawn of the world they're in, which is useful for quick transport to the portal room.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:08 pm

I got done with a full day at the processing station and I have a flight leaving for basic training tomorrow at 6 in the morning, so they gave is an opportunity to use the internet at the hotel. So what do I do? I open command prompt to get to the FTP server. I fixed permissions for Kulthor in the original world and I think I fixed permissions for the spawn commands (/sethome, /home, /setspawn, /spawn) for anybody member and above. These changes won't take effect until the server restarts (tomorrow morning), since the overwritten files are still in memory while the Minecraft server is running. Careful with the setspawn command, since it will change your spawn position when you walk through a world portal. /sethome is much better to set a respawn location in your house incase you die, since /home and /spawn can be two different places. /spawn can be used for quick porting back to a world portal, since that's where the default spawn is.

Again, I think I got the spawn commands fixed for everyone (except for guests), but if not, /shrug.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Loktarr » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:28 pm

<333 the server is down for me right now but I'm assuming it will be fixed when it restarts tomorrow. :D
Thank you very much man and be safe! We sure will miss you.
Loktarr

Armory: http://bit.ly/lgv8tR

Return to Minecraft