SH Vanilla Server

SH Vanilla Server

Postby Phauss » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:42 am

The vanilla server is up and running on the default port! Clow, Forb, Missile, and Kluts are whitelisted so far. The latest Minecraft version should work (server version 1.10.2).

Last edited 23Jul2016
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.
Phauss
Site Admin

Re: SH Vanilla Server

Postby Phauss » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:28 am

Oh hey, how did that horse get out there? I guess I'll get out there and bring it back to shore.

OH GOD IT'S NOT A NORMAL HORSE AND IT GOT HIT WITH LIGHTNING AND NOW IT'S BAD

KILL KILL KILL

Ok, killed the skeletons, but the horses are strangely non-violent. Shall I try to tame? Yes. Yes I shall.

tl;dr - tamed a scary skeleton horse
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:10 pm

The server will be down while I test some stuff behind the scenes.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:35 pm

The server is back up and working! I've changed a few back-end things that allow me to run some stuff alongside the server, so long story short, the vanilla server now has a live map! It's also linked on the front page in the Minecraft status box.

Also, let me know if I should disable cave view, since that can be seen as a little OP on a survival server.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 am

Added an AFK plugin to the server. Type /afk to enter AFK mode. Typing /afk or moving will leave AFK mode. Players in AFK will not lose health or hunger, and an AFK suffix will be placed behind their name in the scoreboard/online player list.

Treecapitator-type plugin is on the to-do list for the short term. Long term includes things like multiverse, chat features, etc. It's vanilla, but it would be fun to liven it up like the original server.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 pm

I merged my stream server and our vanilla server into one server. The vanilla server has been updated to 1.11.2, and it hosts the main stream server world, our original (1.10.2) island world, and an older Minecraft world I hosted on a local server at school last year. The different worlds are all accessible from a portal room with return portals to and from their respective locations.

There are plugins on the server that handle permissions, and the default group for new users has no permissions to do anything (essentially just to spectate). Multiverse handles the portals, Essentials and WorldEdit/Guard handle anti-grief, and, of course, there's a TreeCapitator type mod to make life a bit easier. There is no whitelist, since I let permissions handle new and unknown people (useful in case a stream viewer wants to connect.)

Anyways, it's a relatively active place. I've seen 7 players connected at once, and there have been shenanigans more than a few times. Normally there are two or three people online just doing whatever, though.
Phauss
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft