set raiding times and/or loot system

Re: set raiding times and/or loot system

Postby Sabagallu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:53 am

To continue generalizing, that's probably the best/fairest that could be hoped for. A new player can still get badges and the stuff no one else needs but yeah...a BiS trinket or something like that on their first raid or two, would be a little over generous. With any kind of points budgeting thing, if you have enough to roll on two items...that's terrific...but if I dump some points into a minor boots upgrade and then I can't afford the awesome trinket, well, that was my choice, no pity party is necessary. So--concrete thoughts on how to establish and/or separate the system(s)?
Sabagallu

Postby Myst » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm curious to know if a decision has been made on the loot system yet?? Personally Dave and I have always been in guilds where Loot Council was implemented, however we do have EPGP installed.

Getting closer to 25s, any current thoughts on the topic?
Myst

Postby Forb » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm

It's been to my understanding that when we can regularly run 25 mans, we will have EPGP for 25 mans.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 am

I really think we should be pushing Ulduar harder, especially since our focus is Algalon.
We should be doing ToC later in the week so people have to show up to Ulduar, we should have plenty of people on standby so we can have the best group comp for each fight, and we should be able to switch people out depending on what loot they need.
I would also like to suggest we pick certain days for certain things.
My suggestion is this:
Tuesday - Ulduar 10 (Everything we've done before)
Wednesday - Ulduar 10/25 (Progression)
Thursday - Ulduar 10/25 (Progression) ToC 25 (If we end up getting a full raid)
Friday - Alt stuff/cleanup
Caturday - Alt stuff/cleanup
Sunday - Ulduar 10/25 (Progression) (If nothing possible, ToC)
Monday - ToC/Last night of the week progression cleanup

Share your thoughts with me on this matter.

PS. I'd really like to see a separate 10 man loot system, including those on standby.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby zombiehealin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 am

Well if our focus is more on algalon, realistically we can blow through ulduar in 1 night (at least enough that we can work on mimi) since hes the only thing we are missing for algalon right now. ToC should only take us one night (unless we are doing it as "progression" which means doing the heroic versions". I guess the other thing would be ulduar -> mimi tuesdays, progression wednesday / thursday (wether it be 25's or heroic ToC or mimi FF attempts), friday or weekends do a clean up ToC / whatever.

Also with regards to looting rules I have 0 problems with a EPGP or DKP system, the only thing I can say though is if we are using it for 10 mans then people on "standby" should recieve the same points as those in the raid. Of course assuming they were forced to go to standby, and are sitting outside ready to go immediately. Not really fair to punish a player for being on time, at the raid, but forced to sit out because A) not enough room due to 10 mans, or B) class/spec is just not needed for that fight.

Just my input :mrgreen:
zombiehealin

Postby Forb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 am

Exactly my point, Zombie. I definitely say that with you in mind. Plus it'd just be nice to be able to have people available and only going to things they need.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Myst » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:45 am

I agree with the above, one question...

If we are parked at the door in waiting and in vent, but log to an alt during that time, does that count toward epgp/dkp?

Myst
Myst

Postby Forb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:47 am

My idea of standby doesn't even necessarily require you to be standing outside. Oh yeah, that's always a plus... But I can understand needing to be on that character to do a certain thing with your free wait time. Standby + farming something for the guild is huge bonus points in my book.

Edit: If what I said wasn't clear enough
Being online + ready to raid = standby.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby zombiehealin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:42 pm

I guess as a good rule of thumb, "standby" would mean "I can be with the rest of the raid within a 5 minute period".
zombiehealin

Postby Meanmuggin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:36 pm

If I don't have this hammered out in 7 days...I want you all to lead to coup against me.

Timer starts now.
Commander-in-Chief, Face Crew, 8 Years and Counting.
Meanmuggin

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft