set raiding times and/or loot system

Re: set raiding times and/or loot system

Postby Badidea » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Ferku wrote:I think starting the loot system now is a good idea. We can work the bugs out...then plan to reset it when Icecrown hits.

pat knows what I am talking about!
Badidea

Postby Ferku » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Just in case I wasn't too clear....I REALLY think this is a good idea to institute immediately...even for 10 man, I don't see the harm at all.

I have been backing a loot system for a very long time and I still feel the same today.
Ferku

Postby Meanmuggin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:21 am

The reasons 10 mans shouldnt count is because then the EP numbers will get inflated by the core hard mode group....which puts us in the same position as using loot council... ie ppl bitching about favoritism.

BUT - we DO need to get this instituted AS SOON AS the new tag goes up. No questions asked.
Commander-in-Chief, Face Crew, 8 Years and Counting.
Meanmuggin

Postby Forb » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 am

You could give 3/4 or full credit for people on standby.
Plus that gives people time to farm for the guild bank which we can pay them for from the guild bank.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Meanmuggin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:24 pm

You could give 3/4 or full credit for people on standby.
Plus that gives people time to farm for the guild bank which we can pay them for from the guild bank.

This might work... or we can take the opposite approach and have a forced sit-out rotation so that we can guarantee the EP is "evenly distributed."
Commander-in-Chief, Face Crew, 8 Years and Counting.
Meanmuggin

Postby Sabagallu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 am

Any system would work, as long as the members know what it is, then it's fair. Assuming you work it with points, then yes if you are in hard modes and a large number of raids, you'll have more points, but then would there be a huge chance of you investing them in normal mode gear? Or is the issue that if someone like me pops into higher progression levels, there would be no chance to win?

Either way...it will make you *think* more about what you ask for...like the last piece I got, which wasn't a clear upgrade, I would definitely have said shard it, if it would have cost points which could have been better invested in something else. Would it be a difficulty to make the players carefully consider any sidegrades/minor upgrades? Or would it be better to say, this costs no points since no one wants it anyway? Eh, that's probably not good since it could encourage cheating.
Sabagallu

Postby Nachthymnen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:40 am

I just don't see making a point system that works in both 10 and 25 plausible or even desirable. In our normal 10 man comp, I can't see any reason for more than three people to rightfully go after most items. The only exceptions are items that both healers and caster DPS would want. Even fewer people would be competing for any given armor class item. When there are a lot of people competing for an item in 10 mans, either someone is going to stand out to loot council it to or it would just be sent to rolls. Distribution will be even enough and if we are actually consistent with how we do it (that means not changing how we feel loot should be distributed each 10 man raid, which is pretty much what happens... at least while I was capable of playing), no one can really complain.

I'm not saying doing a point system in 10 mans can't work, but I don't think it is necessary and makes other things more complicated and comes with its own unique set of flaws. Forced sit-outs are just ridiculous and standbys getting points is hard to formulate mathematically.
hi
Nachthymnen
Site Mod

Postby Phauss » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I'd have to agree with Adam. Whether or not we had a point system for 10's, it should be kept seperate from the 25's system. And also to restate what he said, from my experience with our recent runs, the only place where there is usually any competition for gear would be for DPS jewelry and DPS plate. Our 10 man groups have a very good loot composition. If we had a holy pally more often, it would make things perfect.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Sabagallu » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 am

True enough...you might almost have to do it on a per-instance basis since there again, the better geared players can do old 25 person things with only 15, which would inflate points if everything was automatic. Or maybe just distinguish farmed content from progression. But yes, some DPS jewelry is probably the least available and most in demand type of item. So for example, a trinket drops, and it's between an officer, me, and a new initiate--would it automatically go to the person with the highest points ratio, or would that establish who could roll for it, or would seniority have something to do with it?
Sabagallu

Postby Nachthymnen » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 am

Sabagallu wrote:So for example, a trinket drops, and it's between an officer, me, and a new initiate--would it automatically go to the person with the highest points ratio, or would that establish who could roll for it, or would seniority have something to do with it?

I don't have the authority to give a definitive answer, but I can almost guarantee you the system put in place will have the trinket looted to the person with the highest ratio, point value, or bid (depending on the system). The new initiate will almost definitely not get it, especially if a minimum point value is required before you can start getting loot in the first place. Therefore it will effectively be between you and the officer and will be determined based on points.
hi
Nachthymnen
Site Mod

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft