set raiding times and/or loot system

set raiding times and/or loot system

Postby Badidea » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:37 am

people not showing up unless the magical calender says so makes me think to myself, after a while what will have them returning to raids?

Well, that's where this comes in, I suggest we do set raid times or a loot system where they can't show up once in awhile and receive items because people are too nice.

like if we raided M-Thurs and had the weekend for off night stuff like alt runs.

or if we had a loot system like dkp or epgp where attendance makes or breaks your loot received.

Just a thought though, curious what others think.
Badidea

Re: set raiding times and/or loot system

Postby Syna » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 am

I agree with putting events on the calendar but with the loot system we only wanted to use EPGP for 25 mans. We wanted to use loot council or rolls for 10 mans. Since we still don't have the people for 25 mans we never really implemented EPGP for real.
I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.
Syna

Postby Cavis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:34 am

Badidea wrote:people not showing up unless the magical calender says so makes me think to myself, after a while what will have them returning to raids?

lol that makes no sense. Or do you go to a concert .. even so there is no event atm ?? :roll:

You shouldn use dkp unless its 25man... But thats just what i m thinkin
Cavis

Postby Sabagallu » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:14 am

It's an awkward situation with more than enough for 10s and too few for 25. ToC is so quick that with a few good alts, then two groups so everyone can hit it seems to work. Ulduar is a bit long for that same method to apply. I would still think progression at 5.30 Tuesday & Thursday is fine, anything else is extra.
Sabagallu

Postby Syna » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:18 am

Sabagallu wrote:It's an awkward situation with more than enough for 10s and too few for 25.

We don't really have enough for 10's, some nights there are only 8 people on. I would say we have about 15 raiders. We can only do two 10 man groups because of the alts we have.
I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.
Syna

Postby Sabagallu » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm sure that's the case some nights. I took a 20 minute nap that lasted 14 hours.

Depends a little bit on the definition of "once in a while" compared to raiding every night. If ToC is up once a week, doing that would seem to be regular participation. I could see someone who hadn't been on at all for like three weeks, they might have slightly less priority because of that. But a lesser priority in ToC because someone hasn't also done Maly, doesn't quite mesh.

A roster of the 15 or so active players like we had on the last site would be useful, except that reached the point it was no longer maintained/edited. Have the names & specs on there and a note if they need a LoA, or are part time overall, something like that. I freakin wigged when I seen how many inactive toons are in guild, it's really confusing.
Sabagallu

Postby Badidea » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Cavis wrote:
Badidea wrote:people not showing up unless the magical calender says so makes me think to myself, after a while what will have them returning to raids?

lol that makes no sense. Or do you go to a concert .. even so there is no event atm ?? :roll:

You shouldn use dkp unless its 25man... But thats just what i m thinkin

allow me to open my thought process to you...wouldn't you like to know what day the concert was on each week, so you dont show up for a basketball game instead?

trying out a loot system now while we are still small is a good idea, would you rather try it out when we have 25 people and then 10 people dont like it and bounce?
Badidea

Postby Forb » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Badidea wrote:allow me to open my thought process to you...wouldn't you like to know what day the concert was on each week, so you dont show up for a basketball game instead?

I'm confused as to what you are debating. We usually do put things on the calendar saying what we want to run, the problem with that is that the people that show up aren't consistent for the groups that we try.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Ferku » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:08 pm

I think starting the loot system now is a good idea. We can work the bugs out...then plan to reset it when Icecrown hits.
Ferku

Postby Nachthymnen » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Ferku wrote:I think starting the loot system now is a good idea. We can work the bugs out...then plan to reset it when Icecrown hits.

Quoting for emphasis.
hi
Nachthymnen
Site Mod

Next

Return to World of Warcraft