Forb's IRC D&D Campaign

Planned events, both online and offline.

Forb's IRC D&D Campaign

Postby Forb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:01 pm

I will be running my campaign over IRC on Saturdays.
12-6PM West coast time.
Anyone who wants to play is welcome to create a character and join.

IRC Information: #BrianD&D on QuakeNet server.

Open up the spoiler for the 16 campaign questions I have stolen from Giant in the Playground.
Spoiler: show
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Medieval era fantasy in a homebrew world.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4~6

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

IRC

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

400 gold at character creation, keeping a maximum of 100. Creation at any other level with use wealth-by-level.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

No homebrew.
No Psionics.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Anything with a Level Adjustment of 0.
Maximum of 2 players with a non-core race.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

4d6 best 3, 6 times.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Any Alignment.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

I will allow it, but this will not be a high-powered campaign. Manage experience properly.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I will not be doing any of the characters' rolls. I will have a dicebot in IRC, but my rolls will be done by hand.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

One bonus feat.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Around two paragraphs of backstory.
Also, a description of your character's physical appearance.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

My goal is a role-play focused game, but there will be enough combat to keep it interesting for players.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

No homebrew.
Other than that, anything goes. Just be prepared to tell me where it comes from.

Character sheets should be filled out on Myth-Weavers.com

Current Characters:
Kevin - Sheng Li
Lim "Mark" - Johnathan Friech
Justin - Kal
Milgwyn - Clarus Acestes
Abishua (Lodur) - Thon Foebane

Ex-Characters
Ian - Istiir Ra'noth
Joe - Kira

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Re: Online "tabletop" D&D

Postby Forb » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Second session went fantastic! Three new players, and everyone said they had a great time.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Return to Meeting Place