Forb's Music Thread

Forb's Music Thread

Postby Forb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:32 pm

So I figured since I like music so fucking much, and I'm always thinking about it and talking about it and trying to share it, that I should start putting everything I want to say into one thread.

I don't really think this thread needs any rules. Anyone is welcome to post anything they want in here, but expect a lot of shit that nobody's interested in.

So here we are, I'm gonna kick it off with one of my all-time very favorite artists and her upcoming album The New Evolution.

Here's a link to the soundcloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/princess-superstar/sets/new-record-the-new-evolution

I haven't even finished listening to it and I love it. Maybe that's just me and because it's the Superstar, but whatever. This shit is awesome. I can't wait to have this album.
"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"

"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think it's fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Re: Forb's Music Thread

Postby Forb » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:13 pm

First band I ever saw in concert, I still listen to their first two albums all the time.

Sad to hear about My Chem breaking up. Lotta memories go along with their music.

"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think it's fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 am

While going through my usual research of all things I'm curious of, I manage to find myself on the Pearl Jam wikipedia page. I was interested in the creative process and the formation of the band, particularly Eddie Vedder. This was a while back, but I remember that when I searched for the tracks "Alive" and "Once" it gave me the Momma-Son demo tape.

I've been listening almost exclusively to this album for the past month. Got back my old No Code CD and since then Pearl Jam has been my go-to tunes.

I've pretty much exclusively been listening to Ten.

Every track on this album is phenomenal, and if you can follow the lyrics through each song it invokes a lot of great imagery.
I think everyone should have this readily available to them so I'm putting it at:
ftp://Forb's_stash/Music/Pearl%20Jam/Ten/

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 am

Remember Eamon with his song Fuck It?

I encourage you to finagle the uncensored version of that song with the video here:
Spoiler: show

Back when this came out, it was being played on all the big radio station in my area (Besides the alt rock station , of course).
Not only was it played on the radio, but this was when MTV and VH1 had regular hours for playing music videos, like double radio!

I wouldn't say it was overplayed, because I loved the shit out of it and never did get sick of that smooth sound... but it did receive considerable attention for its status.

Another artist called Frankee made another version of this song called F.U.R.B. (F U Right Back)

Have a listen, watch the video and enjoy the lyrics.

Edit: Now remember, this was before everyone with a computer was making their own music. Not long before, but it was a different environment for parody-type music.

You're allowed to giggle now.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 am

So this guy made a bunch of champion theme songs. I like this one the most, but some others I like are Fiddlesticks and Fizz. Most of them are really good, especially if you like a certain champion.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:41 pm

All 3 of these songs are from the '70s.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 am

This is a segment of grunge punk-like songs with a similar type of feel and bass presence.
I'm also interested in viewing them together in terms of passion they seem to express.

Toadies - Possum Kingdom

The Cranberries - Zombie

Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing

Alice in Chains - Would?

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 am

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Going to see Korn tonight with my lovely girlfriend!

Forb
Site Mod

Return to Music