Artist & Album Sharing Game!

Re: Artist & Album Sharing Game!

Postby Phauss » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Geogaddi, by Boards of Canada

This album, and anything by Boards of Canada, is a techno throwback to the analog age. There aren't many words I can find to describe it. Give it a listen.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.

I got the words "jacuzzi" and "yakuza" confused.
Now I'm in hot water with the Japanese mafia.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 pm

This is the 5000th post.

Disregard, I suck cocks. -Clow

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 pm

NOT!

Edit: lol.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Spoiler: show
Phauss wrote:Image

This album, and anything by Boards of Canada, is a techno throwback to the analog age. There aren't many words I can find to describe it. Give it a listen.

Okay. So this album is pretty good.

I enjoy listening to it both as background noise and as my main source of focus..

I have a lot of feelings about it, but they're really hard to wrap up into words. I think that really is the best description of this music. I've probably listened to this album upwards of 10 times straight through and then a good amount skipping around or on shuffle. The thing is, that I can't really notice a difference in my experience either way. I get the feeling that there isn't much room for a careful craft of the album experience with these songs.

Something about them feels a bit generic, but by no means bland. It also feels decidedly British, which turns out that it is. I was tricked by the name of this music duo.

While I can sit and listen to this, not really remembering any of the middle but just the beginning and ends, I can't help but wonder whether this experience is doing something to my mind. In any case, this album will always have a place in my library.

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Phauss » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Klaatu - Hope

This is an old album made shortly after the Beatles broke up. When the album was released, there were no names or information released with the music and it was believed for a time that this album was made by the Beatles after their breakup. It turned out to be a Canadian group named Klaatu, who have since been an obscure band from that era of music.

This album tells a story, so it's best to listen to it in one sitting. It's about the exploration, foundation, and ultimate downfall of a race from different perspectives. The album is, in my opinion, a masterpiece of production and composition.

This was recorded from the vinyl it originally came on to the computer while I was at the house in Kingman, which explains the large files (and lossless .wav format.) It sounds wholesome with those little pops and hisses from the record.

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 am

I would like to present something that Dom introduced me to, which I quite care for. Stepdad's Ordinaire EP. They're a quirky, fun, and interesting mix of electronic and pop. A lot of their songs have a playful 8-bit sound.

They have a song in particular I care for, Cutie Boots. It's honestly one of the most adorable romance songs I've ever heard. I just adore it. You guys should give it a listen. The EP can be found in FTP://Fono's_Stuff/Music

They also have an LP which has been out for a few months called Wildlife Pop I haven't looked into yet.

Oh, and I'm also going to make a big post about things in this thread I've listened to soon.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 pm

This is my an album by a folk metal band I've come to like some of the works of, Eluveite. If you don't know what folk metal is, well, it's metal and folk music together. A lot of celtic music vibes, but with more power. This band in particular likes to employ bagpipes, the violin, the hurdy gurdy, and the mandola on top of a couple other instruments that metal wouldn't make you think of. Now, let's talk about a couple of special tracks here.

Samon is a great track. It has a lot of power and charm both at once. It's strong and smooth, in a very good way. It also has an acoustic version at the end of the album that I suggest people take a peep at.
Anagantios is just sexy. All there is to say. It has a very smooth celtic feel.
Elembivos is the big track for me. The song's opening is wonderfully chilling, and the explosion of power that hits you when the song really starts is enough to knock you off your feet. The lyrics to the song are only two lines long, chanted over and over throughout the track. It really just makes the song happen. The lyrics are as follows:
Spoiler: show
The light, the life, the strength, the harvest, gratefulness.
In four moons the antlered one will go to rest.

It is also under FTP://Fono's_Stuff/Music
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Will respond to previous albums, but posting one here now.

If you like Marilyn Manson at all, this album is for you.

Born Villain - 2012

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Phauss » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 am

Bumping for album responses.

I thought I responded to Stepdad's album, but I guess it didn't end up in here. Stepdad was fun to listen to. It wouldn't be a good album to put on repeat, but it's good music to put in a playlist for a long bike ride. I can't quite describe how I feel about it, or this new kind of pop music in general. It's playfully electronic, in a Phil Collins meets Dan Deacon (Moon Pimples in Love video) kind of way. It's not my usual flavor of music, but that's where the enjoyment is, that is, of finding new things to listen to.

To do:
-Eluveite (I'm afraid they're going to sound like Nightwish, which is a bit of a turnoff. I'll get to this eventually.)
-Marilyn Manson

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 pm

>Eluveite sounding like Nightwish
laughingfolkmetalenthusiast.gif

There are admittedly some similarities, but their vocalists couldn't be any more different, and Eluveite makes for a very diverse track list, with them having two talented vocalists (one's a dood and one's a chick) and some of their songs not even having vocals. Plus the music is good. They are good at music. Any songs with their male vocalist singing might turn you off if you're not into literally screaming into a mic, but seriously, just give them a listen.
A small medium at large.
Clow
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Music