Artist & Album Sharing Game!

Re: Artist & Album Sharing Game!

Postby Forb » Sun May 08, 2016 2:53 pm

MC Frontalot > Lil Dicky
"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think its fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Phauss » Sun May 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Pink Guy > MC Frontalot
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Mon May 09, 2016 12:38 am

Phauss wrote:Pink Guy > MC Frontalot

Typed it into Google
lolwat
"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think its fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Clow » Mon May 09, 2016 5:41 am

Pink Guy - Pink Guy
YouTube link.

Our Filthiest friend's youngest son, Pink Guy, decided to explore his talents by compiling an album of all of his brothers' works. The album was mostly written and performed by Pink Guy himself, although it does feature tracks from several others, including Salamander Man and Santa's Brother.

The largest pleasure can be taken from this album by appreciating its diversity. With smooth, feelgood jams like Anal Beads, songs highlighting everyday struggles like Erectile Dysfunction, and even serious social commentary songs like It's Okay to Eat Whale, there really is something for everyone on this album. It is best to approach the album with a sense of humor, though, as some of the songs are a little lighthearted, and perhaps even innocent, when talking about these issues.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Smilin' McGee - Mr Dewby's 37!

A band from Orlando led by a Billy Floyd.
I saw them live many years ago and bought their CD, and many of these songs have stuck with me and I just love this CD.
I had to share it with you guys.

Track listing:
1. Walkin' Man
2. Drink With The Sun *
3. Seven Astronauts With One To Come *
4. Brilliant *
5. Elemental *
6. Solace
7. My Embrace *
8. Rose
9. You Are My Everything *
10. Three Days After The Rain Came *

*Indicates a favorite of mine

Admittedly, the sound quality of these files is not great but it's what I have for this obscure album. It's located in my personal Stash on the ftp.
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Clow » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Anderson .Paak - Malibu
Spoiler: show

Brandon Paak Anderson (goes by Anderson Paak, usually stylized with a period before the second name) is a pretty new musician (debut album was 2012) which I discovered through NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series, where they have artists cram into their studio and perform. You can find them all on their YouTube channel. It's also an amazing way to find new artists. It's now I found St. Paul and the Broken Bones. A few others I would quickly recommend are Tank And The Bangas and Moon Hooch, but pretty much all of the performances I've watched are great, including from the larger artists like T-Pain (totally serious), Adele, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

As far as the album goes, where to start? There are no bad songs. There aren't even okay songs. There are only good songs, a few of which are amazing. My favorites have to be Heart Don't Stand a Chance, Come Down, Light Weight, and Room in Here. Seriously, though, they're all at least good.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Music