Webcomics!

Ridiculousness.

Re: Webcomics!

Postby Phauss » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:17 am

I'm adding a couple of webcomics to the list.

First off, Cassiopeia Quinn (have fun typing that url.) I know I'm breaking my "no new comics" rule, but what I've read so far easily merits a spot on the list. It's great. Catch up to it while it's still fresh. Updates twice a week (Tu/F.)

Secondly, Prague Race. This is the highest quality webcomic I have ever seen. Characters, dialogue, art, everything. It's absolutely unique in the best kind of way. It's like Tim Burton and Miyazaki decided to get together to make a webcomic and this is what happened. I would even rate this higher than Dresden Codak, and unlike Dresden Codak, this updates three times a week (M/W/F.) Yesss.

On that note, I'm removing Next Town Over from the list. It's gotten to a point that I find myself asking why I still read it. The art is pretty, but after years of reading the story, we still don't know who the good or bad guy is. Any plot devices that appear seem to go by the wayside, because every new chapter is essentially like watching two characters play cat and mouse in different scenery. It's one character chasing another with remarkably little backstory. I really wanted to like it, and I think what kept me reading it was the hope that maybe some pieces would eventually fall into place. It might be time to let this one go.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 am

Deathbulge is great. It's like a cross between Cyanide & Happiness and Pictures for Sad Children (in a good way, I promise.)

This is the second strip and I haven't laughed so hard at a comic and this is so great I can't even
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm

>mfw senpai notices me

Also, hanako.jpg

What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 pm

There are a lot of things that need updating here. Lots of webcomics to add, lots of webcomics to watch! For that reason, I will be adding a "watch list" to the OP, but I will also include both the watch list and the main "recommended" table in this post, reorganized alphabetically. I'll clean up the table a bit so it doesn't look so squished.

OK HERE WE GO

WATCH LIST
Shattered Starlight
  • This webcomic was just announced from the author of the amazing Feywinds. It's about a magical girl, except she's grown up and no longer a magical girl. It's only a few pages in and the site is a work in progress, but if the author's work from Feywinds and other things is any evidence, this will be an excellent comic to follow.
Lonely Vincent
  • A guy named Vincent sets off on a sabbatical to find a long lost friend of his professor's. He eventually finds her, but then what? I like the characters and the art. It's pretty early in the story, so catch up and maybe we'll see this on the recommended list!
Tethered
  • A girl (woman? young lass? angsty teen?) appears to be in a post-apocalyptic southern UK. Android-type robots are hunted for their power cores in a lawless setting. Our heroine ends up rescued by a med-bot and the two accompany each other for mutual survival on her journey north.
Wingless
  • A princess is on the run with an intelligent book on her quest to become a knight. Some things happen on the way that test her mettle. The dark undertones beneath the innocent story kept me reading. There is an "orchid mode" in case you're squeamish. The characters are a little predictable, but they're good. It's still early on in the story.
M.F.K.
  • I had trouble deciding whether to add this to the recommended or the watch list, so I put it here for now. It's about a kid in a small desert town who meets a girl out in the sand dunes. She stays in town for a little while until a gang shows up to extort the villagers. She fends off the gang but then decides it's time to go, so our small town boy convinces her to bring him along. There are supernatural bits in there that I left out. Good art, good story so far.
Godslave
  • A girl goes to the museum to see an Egyptian artifact exhibit and accidentally breaks an urn keeping a god sealed. Other people were interested in the urn, and the girl's life got a little more complicated. The author did their homework here and the story looks like it'll be good.
Helvetica
  • Part "new kid on the block", part detective story, we follow a new member of the undead world as he establishes himself as a productive member of society. The undead don't remember their living lives, but Helvetica's curiosity is an itch that can't be scratched.

ADDED TO RECOMMENDED
Miamaska - Fantasy, alternate dimension, medieval
Deathbulge - Humor, non-sequitur
Soul to Call - Dark, fantasy
Questionable Content - Slice of life, daily
Octopus Pie - Slice of life
Sunfall - Fantasy, adventure, dieties

REMOVED FROM RECOMMENDED
Olympus Overdrive
  • The story had potential. There were a lot of characters, maybe too many. It was ambitious. The author got tired of it and now writes and/or draws a magical girl comic for the Hiveworks called Sleepless Domain that has fulfilled just about every magical girl trope in the first few pages. That comic probably won't get a spot on my recommended list. He's dead, Jim.

OH HOLY CRAP TIME TO DO WORK

Webcomic is notable for its:
- Story/Content
- Characters
- Humor
- Art

Recommended Webcomics
Notables
Ongoing
Complete
Su
Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Sporadic
Aquapunk

Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Cassiopeia Quinn

Chirault

Deathbulge

Dreamless

Dresden Codak

Fey Winds

Girly

Go Get a Roomie

Goblins

Grrl Power

Guilded Age

Gunnerkrigg Court

Hinges

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things

Miamaska

Misfile

Monsterkind

Nerf This

Prague Race

Questionable Content

Shotgun Shuffle

Soul to Call

Spinnerette

Strays

Sunfall

Supermassive Black Hole A*

The Abominable Charles Christopher

The End

The Pheonix Requiem

Trying Human

Unlife

Unsounded

xkcd

YU+ME

Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:42 am

I just want to take a second to link this individual comic and tell everyone how much I laughed at it.

http://www.deathbulge.com/comics/94

I laughed so fucking hard.
"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think its fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:53 am

Clutterin' up yer thread with invididual comix.

http://extrafabulouscomics.com/comic/152/
"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think its fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Phauss » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:24 pm

I really enjoy EFC. There are a bunch of comics that I read that I forget to put on the recommended list. It's due for an update soon.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Haha, oh man.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Forb » Mon May 23, 2016 10:15 am

Forb
Site Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Humor