Webcomics!

Ridiculousness.

Re: Webcomics!

Postby Phauss » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:12 am

Updated the first post with Unlife. Zombie-ism is a thing, virus transfered via bite or open wounds usually by feral zombie, sentient state can be maintained through intravenous embalming to preserve brain. Conspiracy, intrigue, etc. Not difficult to shotgun and get up to date.
We are each a beautiful and unique snowflake that will melt in hell.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Dunno how I forgot about Fey Winds. Added to list.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 pm

WAIT A SECOND.

WELL? WELL?!
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Adding Chirault to the list. Good comic is good. Magic and adventuring and stuff.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Gonna keep an eye on Ianua. There's clearly an underlying plot here but it isn't apparent yet. The writer does an excellent job of not relying on obvious plot devices and exposition, and instead we have to infer the significance of most conversation and occurrences. The art and characters are good, but the dialogue is a little difficult to keep up with. I'll consider this for the list once there's a bit more substance.

(I also try to avoid short or just-started comics for the list, and this one seems to need a bit more time at less than 125 pages of weekly updates.)
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm taking Thermohalia off the list because the author decided to kill it and start from scratch with a different story. It's too bad because I was interested in the concept and the art was really well done. I guess it's better this way than before the story really kicks in. I'll stay tuned with the author's tumblr to see what he's going to do.

Also, I'm going to keep an eye on Soul to Call. I'm not adding it to the list quite yet because it's not long enough to meet the criteria. It updates on mon/fri, though, and the story is starting to flesh out a bit.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 am

I hate you for even linking Thermohalia. I started reading it expecting it to at least get somewhere and then it just ended. Made me salty as hell.
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 am

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed. At least the story wasn't getting underway. We basically got a bunch of character intros.

Also, I have Ensanguine favorited on my laptop. I don't remember the specifics, but I don't favorite a webcomic without reason. Something about someone who has blood that has extreme regenerative powers, to the point that the person is virtually immortal. The world is comprised of human-like creatures, but a human (maybe the last human) was necessary for perpetuating some sort of experiment that involved the creation of this being that makes super-blood to keep the human alive. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. I'll re-read it and see if it should go onto the list.
Phauss
Site Admin

Postby Clow » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm listing this under webcomics because I find it the most appropriate for a number of reasons(left-to-right reading, the style, and the fact that it's, you know, a comic on the web).

Pandemonium -Wizard Village-
A short comic of 12 chapters which seems to be complete. And, well, it's beautiful. There was a specific scene that got me really worked up. Really worked up. The story is really touching and the art is engaging. If you have a few hours to chew through something small do yourself a favor and check this out.

http://www.ikki-para.com/webcomic/Pande ... en/01.html
What do you call a midget fortune teller who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.
http://aserverwith.no-ip.org/img/Pizzer ... 809317.png
Clow
Site Admin

Postby Phauss » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I made a list of promising webcomics to check out and I shotgunned a good one last night. I'm adding Strays to the list. Everything about it is pretty good. It's not so long that you can't catch up in a few hours. Updates Friday.

I have a long list of others to go through.

Also, I need to check out Pandemonium.
Phauss
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Humor