So, Stars Without Number

So, Stars Without Number

Postby Lim » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:41 pm

So, I've asked numerous times what people actually wanted me to put here, and after getting no answers I'll just talk about the setting or something.

It's Science Fiction. There was space and stuff. Things with psychics that was the result of people repeatedly going through hyperspace. There was technology made the psychics could meld with and do all sorts of crazy shit. No ones really sure what that shit was, however, because there was a thing called the "Scream" that happened, that killed all the psychics and destroyed all sorts of psychic technology, including this big Mass Effect style drive dealies. This cut sectors off and all these colonies that relied on supplies from more affluent sectors went through some serious death.

So that's where things kind of are. Stuff is kind of post-apocalyptic, with knowledge and culture being lost and malformed throughout the sector.

And that's kind of the thing, we'll be in a Sector Elysian Omega. I don't know how you want to start, if it's a bunch of poor offworlders stuck on a planet (of which I'm leaning on Aslief, a powerful trade-hub world that was hit by a mysterious bio-weapon post-Scream that wiped out organic plant life), or if you want to have purchased a ship from some spaceship monger (of which, you will be making regular payments on a piece of shit) that you can fly around in and do things.

Uh. I don't know. Maybe I should mention something about this being a sandbox game, and, combined with the harsh rules and my inexperience at balancing things, things you stumble upon could be fairly impossible for you to deal with. Not fighting to the death every time could be a good idea.

In any case, you can get the book for free (through legitimate channels) here http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/8 ... ee-Edition.
Stay one step ahead in terms of logic

Lim

Re: So, Stars Without Number

Postby Forb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 pm

What day are we doing the character creation session? I suggest Monday or Tuesday.
What day are we doing the next session? I suggest Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

"Chi yo...yami yo...ware no moto ni!"
Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Forb
Site Mod

Postby Forb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:26 pm

I will be hosting a d&D 3.5 game at 5:00PM West Coast time on Thursday 22 before the SWN game. I will create a backup level 1 or 2 character for each person. You can choose to make a level 1 or 2 character. Buy whatever you want with 1000g or I will supply items.

Forb
Site Mod

Return to Gaming